On 18 October 2010 21:06, Jeff Langley wrote:
Hello;

I have no difficulty connecting to a database from the command line with any
user but when accessing the database through a browser ( a simple PHP file
with pg_connect ), only by creating a user "apache" can the database be
contacted. All other users produce an error in the apache log stating,
"Ident failed for...". Any idea what is happening here?
That's because you've got "ident" authentication in your pg_hba.conf
file. I answered a similar question earlier today, so please take a
look and see if it helps you solve this:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/2010-10/msg00117.php

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion