"Oliveiros Cristina" <oliveiros.cristina@marktest.pt> writes:
Once a database is created , is there any easy way to change its encoding?
Nope --- you have to dump and reload into a new database created with
the correct encoding setting.
I have several created with SQL_ASCII encoding, which I now realize is
an encoding not very recommendable.
The problem with SQL_ASCII is that you don't really know what encoding
you've got, so even "dump and reload" may not be enough --- you may have
to fix any encoding problems that are in the data now. I'd suggest
pg_dump into plain text format so you can massage the data easily.

regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJan 5, '09 at 4:37p
activeJan 5, '09 at 6:12p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Oliveiros Cristina: 1 post Tom Lane: 1 post