On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:34:14 am Stephan Szabo wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, richard terry wrote:
I'm passing some information to postges (from gambas basic), which gets
the data from date type

eg date1 as date
date2 as date

(IN the postgres database the default on the date field is null)

my problem is that postgres baulks when I"ve not put a date into one of
the gambas date variables with the message:

"invalid syntax for type date '00:00:00'"

my sql is far more complex but reduced to the date part reads something
like this

insert into mytable (date1, date2) values

('01/01/2008','00:00:00')
'00:00:00' isn't a date. Are you sure that the second isn't meant to be a
time?
Interesting observation, I'll ask on the gambas list. In gambas one declares a
date type as per the above, and the 00:00:00 is obviously the default of an
empty date for some reason (or as you say date/time). Thanks for replying, at
least this puts me on a track.

Regards

Richard

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql
postedJul 17, '08 at 10:20p
activeJul 18, '08 at 12:59a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Richard terry: 2 posts Stephan Szabo: 1 post