----- Original Message -----
From: <operationsengineer1@yahoo.com>
To: <pgsql-novice@postgresql.org>
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 11:29 AM
Subject: [NOVICE] timestamp timezone problem

when i run the following query

select now()::timestamptz

in pgadmin3's sql window, it ends with -07. as i
understand it, that is the time zone. my computer is
GMT-8 since i'm in the pacific time zone.
Daylight Savings? (One hour eariler than normal)
why is there a discrepancy - or is it just me not
knowing the nuts and bolts of what is going on?

to tz or not tz? that is the question. i think i want
to tz b/c i can't guarantee that tz won't become
relevant in the future (ie, data may be entered from
two different time zones a report may want to compare
the dates).

any advice would be appreciated.

tia...

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs