From: Tom Lane
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 10:23 AM
To: Pam Wampler
Cc: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] inserting a timestamp show wrong timezone

Pam Wampler <Pam_Wampler@taylorwhite.com> writes:
example:
insert into foo values (3, '12-aug-2001:00:01:01');
insert into foo values (4,now());
showaltb=> select * from foo;
n | t
---+------------------------
3 | 2001-08-12 00:01:01-04
4 | 2002-02-20 08:59:56-05
Looks fine to me. -05 is EST, -04 is EDT ... and I'd expect
daylight-savings time to be used in August ...

If you don't want daylight-savings time to be used, set your
TimeZone variable to something like "EST", not "ESTEDT" (the
exact form of timezone specs tends to vary across Unixen, so
you'll have to experiment or read the manual to find out what
to use).

regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-novice @
categoriespostgresql