Hello,

I'm running PostgreSQL-7.3.3_1 on FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT. I'm trying to use
python to interface with my database. I'm using Python-2.3 and
py23-PyGreSQL-7.3.3_1 from the FreeBSD ports tree.

My problem is when I try to connect to the database.
Following is how the problem occurs:
<error>
#python
import _pg
db = _pg.connect("mydb", "myhost")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
_pg.error: could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host myhost and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
</erro>

I know my database is working because when I load it up with psql all appears
ok. I can even add and retrive information.

I'm only just starting out in Python and PostgreSQL so any help would be much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
-Al

grouppgsql-interfaces @