On Tuesday 05 August 2003 04:16, Alastair G. Hogge wrote:
I'm running PostgreSQL-7.3.3_1 on FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT. I'm trying to use
python to interface with my database. I'm using Python-2.3 and
py23-PyGreSQL-7.3.3_1 from the FreeBSD ports tree.

My problem is when I try to connect to the database.
Following is how the problem occurs:
<error>
#python
import _pg
db = _pg.connect("mydb", "myhost")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
_pg.error: could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host myhost and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
What happens if you do 'db = _pg.connect("mydb")' from python or 'psql -h
myhost' from the command line? I suspect that your problem will reverse. Bt
default PostgreSQL does not run on a TCP/IP port. You have to turn that on
from the config file. Don't forget pg_hba.conf if you change that.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
PyGreSQL Development Group

grouppgsql-interfaces @