PGSQL 7.0beta5, freebsd 4.0
MS WinNT ODBC driver 6.50.00.00

Seems like there is a problem in the way RI violations are reported through
ODBC.

If I execute the following query in psql, I get an error (which is correct):

afmt=# INSERT INTO
Orders(AccNum,Type,OpenTS,RefPosition,ItemID,IsBuy,Lots,OrdPrice,StpPrice,Lm
tPrice,Expires)
VALUES(1,1,'19 Apr 2000 15:17:46',0,4,1,1,104.30,0.,0.,'20 Apr 2000
00:00:00');

ERROR: <unnamed> referential integrity violation - key referenced from
orders not found in positions

But if the same query is executed through ODBC, the error is not reported,
the query just gets silently ignored. ODBC reports success, when in reality
the query was aborted.

All other errors are reported properly. This seems to be specific to RI
violations.

Gene Sokolov.

grouppgsql-interfaces @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 19, '00 at 1:39p
activeApr 19, '00 at 6:43p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Tibor Laszlo: 1 post Gene Sokolov: 1 post