From: Kaare Rasmussen <kar@webline.dk>
Someone posted this link to a Case tool:
http://www.ccas.ru/~gurov/ftp/Editors/CASE/Vinsent/

Unfortunately it's in Russian, which I know nothing about, and it
doesn't seem to have been worked upon since 1997.

I don't know the strength of this tool, as I can't understand the
description, but can this be the best OSS-contender with no work being
done for two years?
******* Translation begin ***********
The current version allows for:
1 draw tables.
including
- restoring previous state
- copying to the local application buffer
- pasting from the buffer
- editing the table field types
- and also some more stuff

2 link fields (constraints)
- FOREIGN KEY |--> PRIMARY KEY

3 generate SQL file from the given structure
- for Postgres95 (w/out constrains)
- for Informix ( with constraints)

4 there is a request broker using protocol independent of DB
1 for Informix (tested with HP-UX and Informix 7.20)
2 for PostgreSQL
5 generates a visual DB repsentation from a DB.
(except references (takes time))

Plans:
3 create new DBs through the broker and fill them with tables
4 alter existing tables through broker
5 generate GCI script according to the struture
6 ctreate additional SQL generators for other DBMS
7 fix the interface

send all requests & complaints to: mailto:denn@unicorn.micex.ru
/nop abuse please (literally "please don't spit")/
******** translation end ***********

Please no questions to me and no "curtesy copies".

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 17, '99 at 7:30a
activeJun 17, '99 at 7:53a