The next problem is AIX specific: The command 'nm' has been moved from
/usr/ucb/bin to /usr/bin in Version 4.x. Therefore we should remove the
path information in the shell ./backend/port/aix/mkldexport.sh. The patch
"mkldexport.sh.patch" does this.

In 4.x, /usr/bin/nm is a link to /usr/ccs/bin/nm, which is a duplicate the
nm in /usr/ucb. All 4.1 copies of nm that I can find are the same, but...

Under 3.2.5 though, there are two different nm commands in the the various
bin directories. /usr/bin/nm is not the same as /usr/ucb/nm, so I would
tend to leave the full path to not screw up the 3.2.5 folks.

If it isn't broken, why try to "fix" it?

Darren darrenk@insightdist.com

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJul 1, '97 at 9:08p