We are continuing to get inter-platform endian bug reports, and missing
ENDIAN define bug reports, and we have fixed a few latent bugs.
Problem wasn't really with the postgres code as much as it was the drivers.
Appears to me that they are not using the hton/ntoh, but always expecting
little endian.

Don't wait for my psort() changes. They are not that important, and I
am still reading Knuth to make sure I have all the areas covered.
FYI - Article in this months C/C++ Users Journal about sorting with memory
and disk/tape. Quite a bit of _C++_ code with it, but maybe some of the
it would be useful.

darrenk

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql