First, backend/tcop/Makefile has a "-Wno-error" that needs the
ifeq($CC,gcc) wrapper, but...

Should the configure automatically try to use gcc if it finds it,
even if I've specified another compiler in the template for my port?

I have gcc installed for testing purposes, but prefer to use the
IBM compiler suite. I set CC= xlc in the template/aix, but when
configure finds gcc, it will create Makefile.global with it. Is
there any way to override this besides in Makefile.custom? I'd
like to keep the overrides in there to a minimum if possible.

Thanks...

Darren darrenk@insightdist.com

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 18, '97 at 5:27p
activeApr 18, '97 at 6:30p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Darren King: 1 post The Hermit Hacker: 1 post