My test platform on AIX-3.2.5 works fine (regression test, etc) with
one exception: loading of modules (ie, regression test trying to
load regress.so) fails.

WARN:Load of file /u/roger/pgsql/6.0/src/src/test/regress/regress.so failed: dlopen: /u/roger/pgsql/6.0/src/src/test/regress/regress.so: No such file or directory

(yes the file exists, so ENOENT doesn't make sense....)
So I played around directly in psql. I made a bogus file in /tmp,
"foo.so" and tried to load it. I got the expected ENOEXEC,
I copied regress.so to /tmp, tried to load it, but still got
ENOENT.

Can anyone verify that this feature works on AIX, and if so,
any ideas of what I should look at to fix this ?
This was broken in the Makefile revisions from 1.09 to 6.0.
I've spent some time on this and have gotten close to getting it
working, but I still don't have it just right.

If you want to take a whack at it yourself, check out the Makefiles
in 1.09 to see how things are built. Also some stuff in the aix
port directory.

Darren darrenk@insightdist.com

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedMar 17, '97 at 6:03p
activeMar 20, '97 at 2:01a
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Roger Florkowski: 2 posts Darren King: 1 post