My patches option difinition is here.
[mitsu-ko@localhost pgbench]$ ./pgbench --help
~
-N, --no-checkpoint do not run CHECKPOINT after initialization
~
In latest commited pgbench, -N is "--skip-some-updates skip updates of
pgbench_tellers and pgbench_branches". But I cannot understand why -N is this
option, so I set this option -u, and -N is "do not run CHECKPOINT option".

What do you think?
Although I agree that the -N is not really meaningful, ISTM that changing
option names is to be avoided if people are used to it. In this instance,
I'm not sure that many people use this option, so maybe this is not an
issue.

The patch should also update the sgml documentation.

--
Fabien.

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql