On 8/26/13 8:48 AM, Fujii Masao wrote:
I think it's also noteworthy that Slony and londiste both rely on the user
specifying node identifiers. They don't try to be magic about it. I think
there's 2 advantages there:

- Code is simpler
- Users can choose a naming schema that makes sense for them
Definitely agreed on that.
A user can already specify the unique standby name by using
application_name in primary_conninfo. So, the remaining thing
that we should do is to expose the primary_conninfo, i.e.,
commit the merge-recovery.conf-into-postgresql.conf patch ;P
Is uniqueness actually enforced there? I believe that was part of the original problem...
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect jim@nasby.net
512.569.9461 (cell) http://jim.nasby.net