Robert Haas escribió:
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
I encountered the following assertion failure when I executed
an immediate shutdown.

LOG: received immediate shutdown request
WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back
the current transaction and exit, because another server process
exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.
TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(CheckpointerPID == 0)", File: "postmaster.c",
Line: 3440)

The cause of this problem seems to be that PostmasterStateMachine()
may fail to wait for the checkpointer to exit. Attached patch fixes this.
What commit broke this?
The one that introduced SIGKILL in immediate-mode stop.

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJul 31, '13 at 5:26p
activeAug 7, '13 at 5:57p