On 9 June 2013 14:59, Greg Stark wrote:
On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
AFAICS there are weird cases where changing the way FKs execute will
change the way complex trigger applications will execute. I don't see
a way to avoid that other than "do nothing". Currently, we execute the
checks following the normal order of execution rules for triggers.
Every idea we've had so far changes that in some way; variously in
major or minor ways, but changed nonetheless.
The obvious case to handle would be if someone has a trigger to
automatically create any missing references.
Exactly my thoughts.

--
  Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

grouppgsql-hackers @