On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Ants Aasma wrote:
To refresh your memory the basic idea is to change visibility
determination to be based on a commit sequence number (CSN for short)
- a 8 byte number incremented on every commit representing the total
ordering of commits
I think we would just use the LSN of the commit record which is
effectively the same but doesn't require a new counter.
I don't think this changes anything though.
I briefly touched on that point in the Hot Standby section. This has
some consequences for locking in CommitTransaction, but otherwise LSN
is as good as any other monotonically increasing value.

Regards,
Ants Aasma
--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH