On 25 May 2013 18:13, Jeff Davis wrote:
On Sat, 2013-05-25 at 10:39 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
The constraint on such changes is that we've decided that we must have
an upgrade path from release to release.
Is this proposal only relaxing the binary upgrade requirement, or would
it also relax other compatibility requirements, such as language and API
compatibility?
I'm suggesting that as many as possible changes we would like to make
can happen in one release. This is for the benefit of users, so we
dont make every release a source of incompatibilities.

And that release should be the first one where we have online upgrade
possible, which is one after next.

--
  Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/