On 23 May 2013 12:10, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

Please take a look: https://github.com/vmware/pg_rewind
The COPYRIGHT file shows that VMware is claiming copyright on unstated
parts of the code for this. As such, its not a normal submission to
the PostgreSQL project, which involves placing copyright with the
PGDG.

As a result, while it sounds interesting, people should be aware of
that and I suggest we shouldn't discuss that code on this list, to
avoid any disputes should we decide to include a similar facility in
core Postgres in the future.

--
  Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/