On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
So I think this is not a compiler bug or an arms race. We just need to
fix the code. So I'm in favor of backporting.
I can certainly see this argument. I understand Tom's point about an
arms race, but back-porting this doesn't feel terribly risky to me.
The thing is, if the arms race is escalating faster than we're
comfortable with, we can always opt opt at a later time; it's not as
if back-porting this fix now commits us irrevocably.

Then, too, I tend to think this is more our fault than gcc's - for a change.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

grouppgsql-hackers @