On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 05:35:24PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
This means to have two versions of code which deals with posting trees and
lists. For me it seems unlikely we have resources for maintenance of this.
Witness how GIN has gone with unfixed bugs for months, even though
patches to fix them have been posted. We don't have the manpower to
maintain even *one* such implementation, let alone two.

Maybe we can mark GIN indexes as invalid after pg_upgrade somehow, so
that they require reindex in the new cluster before they can be used for
queries or index updates.
Yes, pg_upgrade has infrastructure to do that.

   EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 18, '12 at 9:55p