On 20 June 2012 18:42, Robert Haas wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
I'm sure Jeff submitted this because of the need for a standard test,
rather than the wish to actually modify pgbench itself.

Can I suggest that we include a list of standard scripts with pgbench
for this purpose? These can then be copied alongside the binary when
we do an install.
I was thinking along similar lines myself.  At the least, I think we
can't continue to add a short option for every new test type.
Instead, maybe we could have --test-type=WHATEVER, and perhaps that
then reads whatever.sql from some compiled-in directory.  That would
allow us to sanely support a moderately large number of tests.
+1. As long as pgbench is considered to be the standard benchmarking
tool (and I think that it is a general problem that it is), we ought
to make an effort to give people more options.

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedMay 29, '11 at 7:11p
activeJul 16, '12 at 1:57a