On 17 January 2012 11:24, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
In the patch I sent, I did rearrange the sleeping logic. I think it's more
readable the way it is now.
I have no objection to either your refinement of the sleeping logic,
nor that you moved some things in both the existing code and my patch
so that they occur when no spinlock is held.

Should I proceed with a benchmark on V3, so that we can get this
committed? I imagine that a long pgbench-tools run is appropriate,
(after all, it was used to justify the re-write of the BGWriter for
8.3) at various scale factors, from smallish to quite large.

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJan 4, '12 at 5:58a
activeJan 27, '12 at 7:17a