Hi Hackers,

I have a strange problem, or maybe it's not a strange problem but just
something wrong with my understanding i have SIP router which works with
postgresql using libpq, somewhere in the code it inserts a row in the
database and then when the insert is finished it invokes another module
which tries to read it , however sometimes the read operation doesn't find
the row which was just inserted, this happens if there are large number of
insert / read cycles like this are going on , the code which inserts the row
uses PQsendQuery to insert and waits for PQgetResult to return null before
the read module is invoked, the module which reads the row , reads it over a
new connection. My question is if PQgetResult returns null is this a good
enough guarantee that a subsequent connection (even in next millisecond)
should be able to read that row??

Thanks for making me wiser

/Usama

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedOct 7, '11 at 4:17p
activeOct 7, '11 at 4:34p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Usama Dar: 1 post Merlin Moncure: 1 post