On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 08:12 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
Is the "&& LocalTransactionIdIsValid(lxid)" a guard against calling
VirtualXactLockTableCleanup twice? Can that happen? Or is it just
defensive coding to avoid making an additional assumption?
lxid there is just a local variable storing the value that we
extracted from fpLocalTransactionId while holding the lock. I named
it that way just as a mnemonic for the type of value that it was, not
intending to imply that it was copied from MyProc->lxid.
I know, this is the other purpose of fpLocalTransactionId that I was
talking about. Is it just a guard against calling
VirtualXactLockTableCleanup twice?

Regards,
Jeff Davis

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJul 20, '11 at 5:41p
activeAug 4, '11 at 4:44p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Robert Haas: 4 posts Jeff Davis: 3 posts