On 29.06.2011 00:33, Kevin Grittner wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
On 28.06.2011 20:47, Kevin Grittner wrote:
Hmm, the calls in question are the ones in heapgettup() and
heapgettup_pagemode(), which are subroutines of heap_getnext().
heap_getnext() is only used in sequential scans, so it seems safe
to remove those calls.
I haven't found anything to the contrary, if I understand correctly,
Dan found the same, and all the tests pass without them. Here's a
patch to remove them. This makes the recently-added
rs_relpredicatelocked boolean field unnecessary, so that's removed in
this patch, too.
Thanks, committed. I also moved the PredicateLockRelation() call to
heap_beginscan(), per earlier discussion.

--
Heikki Linnakangas

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql