On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Hitoshi Harada wrote:
2011/6/17 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Hitoshi Harada wrote:
Yesterday on PGXN I just released the first version of planinstr, a
plugin module to append planner time to EXPLAIN. I post this here
since it is mostly for developers.
Wow, that is awesome.  I sorta wish we had something like that in core
-- and I don't even think it should be optional, I think it should
just always give you that additional piece of information.
Thanks for a positive feedback. Current design passes instrument time
as global variable from planner to executor. To get it in core we need
to add a field to the planner for that, which I don't think is too
difficult. Anyway I still like its way as it doesn't need any change
in core; free for anyone to use, even in the older versions.
Yeah, definitely a nice tool.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 15, '11 at 3:18a
activeJun 17, '11 at 1:59a
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Robert Haas: 2 posts Hitoshi Harada: 2 posts