On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:46:14AM +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
On 12.01.2011 06:21, Fujii Masao wrote:
On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Maxim Bogukwrote:
While I trying create reproducible test case for BUG #5798 I
encountered very strange effect on two of my servers (both servers
have same hardware platform/OS (freebsd 7.2) and PostgreSQL 8.4.4).

Very simple test table created as:
CREATE TABLE test (id integer);
INSERT INTO test select generate_series(0,10000);

And I trying repeateble vacuum of that table with script:
perl -e "foreach (1..100000) {system \"psql -d test -h -c 'vacuum
test'\";}"

And once per like an minute (really random intervals can be 5 minutes
without problems can be 3 vacuum in row show same error) I getting
next errors:
WARNING: PD_ALL_VISIBLE flag was incorrectly set in relation "test" page
1
WARNING: PD_ALL_VISIBLE flag was incorrectly set in relation "test"
page 30 for all pages of the relation.
Oh, interesting. This is the first time anyone can reliably reproducible
that. I can't reproduce that on my laptop with that script, though, so
I'm going to need your help to debug this.

Can you compile PostgreSQL with the attached patch, and rerun the test?
It will dump the pages with incorrectly set flags to files in /tmp/, and
adds a bit more detail in the WARNING. Please run the test until you
get those warnings, and tar up the the created "/tmp/pageimage*" files,
and post them along with the warning generated.

We'll likely need to go back and forth a few times with various
debugging patches until we get to the heart of this..
Anything new on this? I'm seeing at on one of my clients production boxes.
Also, what is the significance, ie what is the risk or damage potential if
this flag is set incorrectly?

Thanks

-dg

--
David Gould daveg@sonic.net

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 28, '11 at 10:01p
activeFeb 28, '11 at 10:10p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Heikki Linnakangas: 1 post Daveg: 1 post