Tom Lane writes:
Fix corner case for binary upgrade: extension functions in pg_catalog.
Do we only want to care about functions here? What about the following?

CREATE EXTENSION hstore WITH SCHEMA pg_catalog;

When not doing binary upgrade, this will issue the right pg_dump
command, but it seems to me that you're saying that binary upgrades in
such a case would be a problem still.
Normally, pg_dump summarily excludes functions in pg_catalog from
consideration. However, some extensions may create functions in pg_catalog
(adminpack already does that, and extensions for procedural languages will
likely do it too). In binary-upgrade mode, we have to dump such functions,
or the extension will be incomplete after upgrading. Per experimentation
with adminpack.

* [DBH] src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c
Dimitri Fontaine

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 16, '11 at 8:24p
activeFeb 17, '11 at 8:57a
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Dimitri Fontaine: 2 posts Tom Lane: 1 post