Tom Lane writes:
Hm, interesting idea, but I'm afraid that pg_describe_object doesn't
produce exactly the syntax you need.
It's very close. I've produced the previous set like that and the only
problem I had were with operator class and family objects, and with
array types. In both case a very simple replace can be used, like
replace int[] with _int and "for access method" with "using".

So you just add a CASE in the SELECT I proposed. Well, I didn't do it
because I was not sure that it would still be needed with the API you're
using.
I had personally been thinking of generating the contrib upgrade scripts
via search-and-replace on the existing uninstall scripts.
Maybe that would work too.

Dimitri Fontaine

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql