So, Can I increase the stack depth limit to a large value ?

On 22/09/10 12:03, subham@cse.iitb.ac.in wrote:
Actually, I used palloc() to set the stack base address.
And I am trying to create only a single thread, then also it is causing
problem.
Actually, I created all the data-structures using palloc(), then I am
passing these to the child thread. Even if I make these variables global
then also it is not working.
But if I don't set its stack address then it is working. But I need to
do
that because when my thread body is big then it is causing stack fault.
So if I cannot set its stack address then Can I increase the stack depth
limit to a large value ?
It's not clear what you're trying to do, but it's just not going to
work. The backend code is not thread-safe, so you can't safely create
any threads in server code. Not even a single one. And even if you
could, you should not mess with stack base addresses.

--
Heikki Linnakangas

Thank You,
Subham Roy.