Hi Tom,
The bitmapset works for me.

I want to implement the operator for the following query:

Select * from a left join b on a.id = b.id order by b.id;

In a left outer join, I want the tuples that have matches in the inner table
appear first. So, the order by clause is need.

If there is a index on a.id, I can use the tuples in b to probe the index.

After return all the tuples retrieved through index, it needs to return the
rest tuples in a, because it is a left outer join in the query.

What I need to do is remember what have been returned by the index, and
avoid to return it twice.

The bitmapscan needs to remember what have to been retrieved later, so it
used the tidbitmap. But, for me, I need the bitmapset.

Thanks, your reply helps me to find the bitmapset.

Regards
--
Pei