I am currently a student of IIT Bombay of CSE department. I am doing a
project on postgres. I need to understand its code thoroughly, so I need
"ddd" to "step through" its code. I need to start postgres on the
"backend" mode to work it with "ddd".But I am facing some difficulties in
setting up the "ddd" with "postgres" in "backend" mode.

I installed postgres many times using the instruction mentioned in the
file "INSTALL". Starting the postgres from foreground is working fine but
the "backend" mode does not work.

Kindly, suggest me how to run the postgres in "backend" mode. I have to
understand its code thoroughly to do my postgres project.

Thank You,
Subham Roy,
CSE,
IIT Bombay.