On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:56 AM, black light wrote:
Hi,
I want to add some hard-wired extra authentication codes in my PG. The only
problem is how to access tables to get/change information from core
(auth.c)?
I have changed the SPI functions to use them but it was not effective (lots
of different errors!)
In fact, i want to add a table to system catalog and SELECT/UPDATE it from
auth.c.
In general you need to look at existing code that does something
similar to what you want to do and model your new code after it. It's
not really possible to speculate as to what you might have done wrong
or what you ought to do instead from the information you've provided
here.

If you are considering proposing your patch for inclusion in the
PostgreSQL upstream sources, you should first discuss why you are
trying to do this and what you hope to get out of it. There might be
a way to do whatever it is you are trying to do without modifying the
source code.

...Robert

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql