On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 09:47:55AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
Yeah, the big question is if we want to backport something like this at
all... Thoughts?
The issue never even came up before, so I'd vote to not take any risks
for it. How often do people mess up the protections on pg_hba.conf?
Apparently I do :) Whether I'm the only one or not, I can't say. I
realize this wouldn't protect anyone from, say, syntax errors, which
certainly are more common.

As an aside, is access() adequately portable, ok to use within the
backend, etc.? I just sort of took a shot in the dark.

- Josh / eggyknap

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedMar 4, '09 at 2:26a