Tom Lane wrote:
Selena Deckelmann <selena@endpoint.com> writes:
From the comment in hba.c, it appears that the desired behavior is to
have the system ignore the failure,
I'm not sure how you could possibly read that comment that way.
Right. Sorry, poor choice of words. I meant "don't die on reload",
essentially.
It might be sane to distinguish initial load from reload, but I think
the behavior is correct as-is for initial load. Agreed.
Also, if we are going to do something like this, we should make sure
it's consistent across all the config files.
Ok. I can do that. I'll check with some other people before I send
another patch, and I'll go through the rest of the config file loads
tomorrow.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann