Bruce Momjian wrote:
Marko Kreen wrote:
On 8/24/07, Manuel Sugawara wrote:

If something is not going a work (or is going a work in a different
way) in some version after loading a shot form a previous one I think
it should be documented or some kind of backwards compatibility
mechanism should be provided.
That's a valid complaint and I take the blame.

The problem was that such "evolution" was not actually planned.
So when I noticed the 8.2 commit, I did not think of the implications
hard enough to realize the need for release note for it.

Tom, how about putting a note about that into next 8.2 minor
release notes? (8.3 too?) Something like "You need to refresh
pgcrypto functions, because since rel 8.2 the code depends
on functions being tagged STRICT."
Seems 8.2.5 was released without this release notes mention, but we
haven't gotten any complaints about it so perhaps we don't need to add
anything.
Huh, I see exactly that complaint above.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"Estoy de acuerdo contigo en que la verdad absoluta no existe...

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 23, '07 at 11:50p
activeNov 11, '07 at 3:57a