Magnus Hagander wrote:
Gaetano Mendola wrote:
hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 09:52:24AM +0100, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
it seems that the stats collector on my box is using more CPU than
it did in the past.
it's well known bug, and it was fixed in 8.2.4:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/release-8-2-4.html
Prevent the statistics collector from writing to disk too frequently
(Tom)
I saw that, upgrading the DB at this very moment is not doable, killing
that process will the postmaster respawn another one? BTW I discover that
it was triggered by the time change due the daylight saving.
IIRC, it will. You need to change postgresql.conf and disable the stats
collector. If you do that, it won't be started.

Shouldn't be trigged by DST.
The high cpu usage started at that time, may be that is another problem of some
applications stuck on it. I will investigate further.

Gaetano

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedOct 29, '07 at 9:01a