Manuel Sugawara writes:
"Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com> writes:
In 8.0 the pgcrypto functions were non-strict and checked for NULLs.
In 8.1 they were made STRICT.
In 8.2 the NULL check were removed from code.
Not an smart move IMHO, I didn't create the function, it was created
as part of my upgrade process. May I suggest to put back the check?.
That's the standard way of doing things in C functions (ie, rely on
STRICT markings) and I see nothing wrong with it. If you were using an
upgrade process that failed to incorporate version-to-version changes in
the definitions of contrib functions, this is hardly going to be the
only problem you encounter.

regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql