This would fix the problem on Unixen with setsid, which
should be pretty much all of them; on any that don't have it,
the behavior doesn't change. Still leaves Windows out in the
cold, but I don't see that we have anything much we can do
about it there --- Windows users will just have to know to
kill the child script process instead of the postmaster.
I haven't really been folliowing this thread. What exactly is it you
want to accomplish (maybe there is a different way to fix it on win32)?
Kill a process along with all it's subprocesses?

//Magnus

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedNov 17, '06 at 10:03p