Tom Lane wrote:
I agree with Andrew. If there are bugs in CSV, then we should fix them,
not avoid give users this usability improvement.
The case for it being a usability improvement seems very weak to me;
no one has yet demonstrated an actual use-case where someone would pull
CSV data out of pg_dump output instead of just dumping the table
directly with COPY. Now the "anti" case is admittedly hypothetical:
I'm supposing that we will eventually be bitten by portability problems
with CSV-style dumps not being loadable into future versions. But given
the weak nature of the "pro" case, I think we should be conservative
and not take that risk.
Well, I saw little request for COPY CSV here, but IRC users were
reporting a lot of interest, and feedback from the release that added it
showed it was a major feature, so just because we haven't see use-case
here doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

As was stated before, the use-case for this is by people we don't
normally have contact with.

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us