FYI, we need tablespace_default to control this pg_dump output for a
primary key:

ALTER TABLE ONLY test2
ADD CONSTRAINT test2_pkey PRIMARY KEY (x);

Tom Lane wrote:
Time is at a serious premium for me at the moment (I have several projects
all due about now); but I wrote a patch for this a few weeks back, so it
should not be a lot of work (unless pg_dump has changed in the last couple
of months).
If you have a preliminary patch, you could pass it along and I'll finish
it up.
Excellent. I assume that anything that can have a tablespace (database,
schema(?), table and index -- anything else?) should emit a 'set
default_tablespace="ts"' before creation (and that this will affect
auto-created indexes as appropriate, whatever that means).
default_tablespace will affect both tables and auto-created indexes.
But I was under the impression that pg_dump deliberately avoids
auto-creation of indexes... isn't each one split out as an ADD
CONSTRAINT operation?

Schemas don't have tablespaces anymore.

regards, tom lane

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us