On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 08:38, Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD wrote:
- by time - but the time stamp on each xlog record only specifies to the
second, which could easily be 10 or more commits (we hope....)

Should we use a different datatype than time_t for the commit timestamp,
one that offers more fine grained differentiation between checkpoints?
Imho seconds is really sufficient. If you know a more precise position
you will probably know it from backend log or an xlog sniffer. With those
you can easily use the TransactionId way.
OK, thanks. I'll just leave the time_t datatype just the way it is.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs