On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 21:24, Cason, Kenny wrote:
PostgreSQL 7.2.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0.3.2-7)
(1 row)

Hmmm... Makes me think I'm accessing the wrong version of PostgreSQL. Does that sound likely?
Yes. You can get into problems if you have both an RPM version and a
compiled from source version on the same machine...

You may have accessed the RPM version when you thought you were
accessing the hand compiled one. Red Hat normally has some stuff on
there from earlier versions.

To check, select all packages, filtered by "postgres"
rpm -qa | grep postgres

You might then want to decide to de-install the earlier version, or at
least more strongly locate the one you just compiled.

Best regards, Simon Riggs

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedJun 29, '04 at 7:07p