On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 22:15, Tom Lane wrote:
I need to send a signal from a backend to the archiver process.
1. What signal should I use?
SIGUSR1 or SIGUSR2 would be the safest choices.
2. How do I give the processid of the archiver to the backend? The
archiver may restart at any time, so its pid could change after a
backend is forked.
My answer would be "don't". Send a signal to the postmaster and
let it signal the current archiver child. Use the existing
SendPostmasterSignal() code for the first part of this.
Brilliant - very clean. Many thanks. Best Regards, Simon Riggs

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedApr 26, '04 at 3:38p
activeMay 11, '04 at 9:59p