Neil Conway
Simon Riggs wrote:
On the other hand, I was just about to change the wal_debug
behaviour to
allow better debugging of PITR features as they're added.
That's a development activity. Enabling the WAL_DEBUG #ifdef by
default during the 7.5 development cycle would be uncontroversial, I
think.
Yes that's the best proposal. Can I leave that with you?
I think it is very important to be able to put the system fairly
easily into debug mode
It is? Why would this be useful for non-development activities?

(It may well be the case that we ought to report more or better
information about the status of the WAL subsystem; but WAL_DEBUG is
surely not the right mechanism for emitting information intended for
an administrator.)
Right again. I guess my proposal amounted to quick-and-dirty logging.

I'll think some more.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql