Bruce Momjian wrote
Tom Lane wrote:
"Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
If the TODO-list-with-dash isn't the correct place to have looked,
is
there another list of committed changes for the next release?
We tend to rely on the CVS commit logs as the definitive source.
You
can pull the info from the CVS server (I use cvs2cl.pl to format the
results nicely), or read the archives of pgsql-committers.

In theory there should be a section at the head of release.sgml
mentioning the major changes done-so-far, but for various reasons
this
hasn't gotten installed in the 7.5 branch yet. (Look at the CVS
versions during 7.4 development to see how we did it last time.)

As far as the ARC change goes, I believe Jan still considers it a
work-in-progress, so it may not be appropriate to list yet anyway.
(Jan, where are you on that exactly?)
Do we need such a list? (I'd be happy to compile and maintain this
if
it
agreed that it is a good idea to have such a document or process
as
separate from TODO - I'll be doing this anyway before I pass
further
comments!)
If you wanted to go through the existing 7.5 commits and write up a
new done-so-far section, it'd save someone else (like me or Bruce)
from having to do it sometime soon ...
Doesn't Robert Treat's News Bits list all the major changes weekly?
That would b e a good source.
Bruce - The excellent work that both you and Robert do is a slightly
different view to what I had in mind - I agree they are all aspects of
the same information. I'm posting a first output of this now, so we can
discuss whether such a thing is useful, and or whether it can ever be
all of useful/accurate/timely.

I'll happily add this to the HEAD of release.sgml, though lets agree the
content/direction first, before I spend time on a more formal
publication mechanism.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql