--On Tuesday, October 14, 2003 15:31:42 -0400 Bruce Momjian
wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
Michael Brusser <michael@synchronicity.com> writes:
Yes, we use NFS. Many of our customers use it as well.
You are of course aware that this is not real safe...
Maybe we should throw a "stop using NFS" if we get an EINTR from
read()/write(), or explain what NFS options they should avoid.
Err, some of us use NetApp filers as NFS servers for our PG data, and I
believe that that negates at least some of the risk. I don't want to see
us (PG) not support something just because it *MAY* be unsafe.

LER
--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us
pgman@candle.pha.pa.us | (610) 359-1001