I have a suggestion, as well: I think the PostgreSQL documentatio could
use a section that discusses all the maintenance issues in one place.
This is already on the TODO list.
I've started expanding the Admin chapter on database recovery (expanding
was easy; it has been "Any volunteers to write this?" for two or three
years now). At the moment, I've split the info into two chapters on
"Failure" (discussing various failure scenarios) and "Recovery".

Comments and organizational suggestions are welcome. Will commit
sometime soon so others can contribute if they would like.

- Thomas

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 7, '01 at 12:06a